In case you are a student looking for a bachelor or master thesis: Feel free to contact me if you are interested in one of my research topics or projects. Students at the University of Passau should make sure that their study plan covers a sufficient number of modules from the programming and software systems focus area. Please send with your application your CV and a full transcript of records. Furthermore, use your university email address to send the email and send it to my working email address, which you can find on the web page of the Chair of Software Engineering II. Applications not fulfilling these requirements will not be answered! Please consider also reading my notes on email communication.
To align with the examination regulations, a student must show that he or she is capable of scientific work and that he or she can apply scientific methods independently, on a limited topic. We will meet regularly to discuss the advances in the project but there will be a strong focus on independent work.
Please consider to read (or watch) the famous thesis guide by Elmar Juergens to get an idea of how a thesis process could look like and what to know before starting such a project.
- winter 2019/20: Automated Program Repair (seminar); Software Testing (exercise); Theoretical Computer Science (exercise)
- summer 2019: Software Analysis (exercise); Software Engineering (exercise); Summercamp: Robotics Programming with Lego NXT
- winter 2018/19: Programming II (exercise); Software Testing (exercise)
- summer 2018: Software Engineering (exercise); Summercamp: Robotics Programming with Lego NXT
- winter 2017/18: Tutorial on Haskell
- summer 2017: Summercamp: Programming Microcontrollers with Arduino
- winter 2016/17: Tutorial on Haskell
- summer 2016: Summercamp: Programming Microcontrollers with Arduino
- winter 2015/16: Tutorial on Haskell
- summer 2015: Summercamp: Android app programming